Sunday 4 September 2011

Retro Active

Yesterday I went to this.




It all started at 11:30am, and from what I gather went on until 1am the next day. We got there just as the day was kicking off. The place was already packed out. There was s stall selling video games, a stall selling retro toys (I think he was selling anyway, I really wasn't sure if he was just showing off), a stall that sold prints - this was weird, I couldn't make out why they were there, they weren't even movie poster prints-just student silk screen prints I think. And finally a stall selling American sweets and drinks. We got two cans of root beer, and I tried a Baby Ruth and a Twinkie, I was not impressed by either!

This is the first time I had ever gone to the cinema and seen more than one film. Our first film was the Goonies. Great way to start the day, impossible to get bored watching that film because so much happens.
After this film ended we decided to walk around the games rooms. They had a few areas dedicated for gamers, including a tournament room. We went into the big game room where they had loads of different systems (I'm not going to even pretend to know what I'm talking about so to save myself embarrassment, they ranged from old to new). We had a quick game on street fighter, then we had to evacuate. I had never smelt so many people with BO in all my life. One person even smelt like a rancid sack of onions. We then went to visit the tournament room. They were playing bomber-man. It smelt like feet.

We then saw Labyrinth. I had never seen it before. Now I know why, it was awful!!!

The next film was Ghostbusters. It won a vote from Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Weird Science, Top Gun and Splash. It was obvious It would win but I would have liked it if Ferris had won. I have seen Ghostbusters at the cinema before, I am please to say this time the audience did not sing along to the theme tune.

Then we watched Lost Boys. I've seen this at the cinema before too. It just doesn't get old for me. I love it! We then left. Tired, my eyes were dry and I could barely see anything more than a foot away from me. The night continued with Robocop and Big Trouble in Little China, but I didn't care for either. They could have made much better choices.

All in all it was a fun day. I can't wait to see if they do another themed day, apparently they made a sci-fi day once.




No comments:

Post a Comment